Heat Vision and Jack #2... Ah, Nope, Still Not, Sorry

I know you were expecting more Heat Vision and Jack after Wednesday's full review of the pilot, I'm afraid the show has become an early victim of Fox's ongoing war with cool genre shows. I looked and looked, but could not find any episodes beyond the first. Though there was talk last year of turning Heat Vision and Jack into an animated series, concept creator Dan Harmon has distanced himself from the project. One imagines that, in animation, the show would lampoon 80s cartoons as opposed to 80s genre TV, a sort of alternative to Venture Bros. It may still come to fruition, we'll just have to see.

In the meantime, enjoy my X-Files reviews before Fox decides to cancel the show early. (Better start thinking of what I'm going to do next...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm not even fully convinced that "Heat Vision and Jack" had any illusions about ever becoming an ongoing show. If Fox had decided to turn it into a thing, I imagine they would have gone for it, but nothing about that single episode makes me think they intended to stretch the joke any further.
Siskoid said…
It's a perfect little one-off, but then, 80s TV was always pretty much self-contained like this.

But to be entirely serious, the premise would have likely run its course in no more than a season.

Sledgehammer comes to mind.