Reign of the Supermen #378: Quizmaster

Source: L.E.G.I.O.N.'94 Annual #5 (1994)
Type: Elseworlds/SpoofIn spoofing the famous cover of Adventure Comics #247 (the first Legion of Super-Heroes story), Tom Peyer and Curt Swan turned Superboy into an aging game show host dressed in the recognizable red and blues. In the process of turning a contemporary L.E.G.I.O.N. story into a Silver Age tale of the LSH, the guys have a lot of fun. My favorite bit is Stealth/Silent Girl's dialog in the following panel:
We leave the tv studio after that, and the realm of Reign, but let's just say the story retold is the one in which Stealth mates with, then kills, Vril Dox. In our world, he had a clone body ready. In the Elseworlds, he had to be zapped by electric rods. No really, DC's got to put some of these Annual stories into trades.

Comments

Matthew Turnage said…
I would say thanks for reminding me of a really fun issue I haven't looked at in a while, but in Silver Age tradition I'll just point out a mistake you made - the LSH's first appearance (and the cover referenced) is Adventure Comics #247.