Kung Fu Fridays in February

In December and January, what with the holidays and all, I always allow myself a few lesser (or riskier) films. Fewer people tend to come, so 'tis the season to watch a crappy DVD transfer or an unproven gift from a well-meaning friend. So this February, it's a return to assured quality. I hope!

Ashes of Time Redux - I haven't run a single Wong Kar-Wai film on Kung Fu Fridays 1) because they're rarely in a "KFF" style and 2) because I've been jealously keeping his beautiful art films to myself. With the historical epic Ashes of Time, I'm about to open that can of worms.

Robin B Hood - A little Jackie Chan goes a long way and this first of three Dragon Dynasty releases should be fun. It's Three Men and a Baby in Hong Kong and minus 2 men... apparently.

Disciples of the 36th Chamber - The third film in the action-comedy series starring not only My Man Gordon Liu, but the mentally damaged Crippled Avenger Chia-Hui as well! (I can't believe I actually wrote that.) I'm always up for Lau Kar Leung choreography in any case.

Fatal Contact - Finally giving a Jacky Wu Jing a hero's role in a film, Fatal Contact looks like a high octane look at underground fighting, and scores a featured role for Wu Jing on one of my posters!

So if you're a friend of mine slumming it every Friday, or just looking at what's going to be reviewed on This Week in Geek in February, that's the deal!. Ka-yaa!

Comments