This Week in Geek (05-11/04/10)

Buys

Got two DVDs this week, pretty different from one another. First, from my Road to the Oscars/Doctor Who fetish, there's An Education. Mmmm, Carey Mulligan. And in the Kung Fu Friday corner, John Woo's The Killer finally became available where I shop, so I snapped that up real quick. I know what you're thinking: Double feature.

"Accomplishments"

Either preparing or working at an improv tournament this week, so admittedly, not much. Didn't even get to do the scheduled Kung Fu Friday.

Theater: As I have many friends in the drama department of the University where I work, I went to see the big final exercise - Ionesco's Jeux de Massacre (Killing Game for those reading it in translation). Some good old theater of the absurd about the anxieties relevant to death. The plot, if you can consider it such, is that people have recently started dropping dead for no reason. Hilarity ensues. Depressing hilarity. There's a line about incest that gives me the giggles even now. Yes, I'm the guy who was laughing at the inappropriate moment. Some good stuff, some not so good (mostly laid at the feet of the professor/director), some surprising performances, some not so surprising, fun production design.

Blogging: One of the things that's bugged me about the blog is that it took me more than 2 years to figure out how to make my mouseover tags show up on Firefox. I have now gone back and fixed all the old mouseovers on old posts. A big project, but a worthwhile one. Now I can go back and enjoy the jokes I congratulated myself on between 2006 and 2009.

Hyperion to a Satyr entries this week include:
Act 1 Scene 3 according to Classics Illustrated

Comments

snell said…
it took me more than 2 years to figure out how to make my mouseover tags show up on Firefox.

Spill--I've still not figured that one out...
De said…
Love An Education up until the ending. I had hoped for something a bit more satisfying but I guess it's like life—you don't always get one.
Siskoid said…
snell: In the code of the post, change alt= to title=

That's all there is to it.
Jeremy Patrick said…
Dude, I've been reading this blog for like a year now and *no idea* there were mouseover tags on all those pictures!
Siskoid said…
More of an "easter egg" thing, I guess. And if you haven't read them, it's all new content! ;)
Austin Gorton said…
I have now gone back and fixed all the old mouseovers on old posts. A big project, but a worthwhile one.

As a Firefox user, I thank you. :)