Batman and the Outsiders #5: Pages 9-10

What could be worse than a tea party hosted by Katana and Terra? How about the horror that is visiting Halo's room? Let her man-hands show you the way...What is Raven seeing here exactly? Aparo dares not go beyond bare walls and a chair, so what's on the other side of the room that is so terrifying? What is he afraid to draw? Halo's My Little Pony collection? Her Scott Bayo posters? Or hasn't Halo learned what a bed is yet, and she's gesturing at a rough carpet on the floor? (Sadly, Raven didn't even get that much joy growing up in, y'know, HELL).
Re-enter Wonder Girl with the reason why the coffee is cold and the heroes have been lounging around for more than a page: Despite being perfectly coiffed and dry when they came out of the river, they all needed a hot shower. I can only imagine how long it takes Starfire to wash that thick head of hair. Dirty hair trumps the Fearful Fearsome Five any day. And now, Halo asks the hard questions:
Donna - You probably shouldn't be asking. You don't want to know the answer--pardon me, answers, plural. If anyone asks, just say "Bob Haney" and be done with it. I use that as an excuse all the time.
Halo - I know you're afraid Mike Barr won't ever give you an origin, but you're in the same boat. You DON'T WANT TO KNOW. Trust me. Now shut up and let Donna get dressed and undressed repeatedly through the next few pages. Also, I don't think you know what "special" means in this context:
Raven - You just like to watch, don't you?

In another room, an unlikely trio: Black Lightning, Kid-Flash and Mike Barr's dialog.
Wally, how rude of you to suggest you've got your reasons why Black Lightning would quit the hero game. Just let the man drink his reheated coffee (speaking of which, I'll be right back...

...

...and I'm back with some refreshing, reheated coffee) in peace. And now the revelation that will make Kid-Flash do superspeed 360 gyrations with his head and spill his drink.
See, that's why Wally doesn't drink coffee. He's jittery enough as it is. Hey, remember when Wally West's identity was a secret?
Hahaha, good times, good times.
I know what Black Lightning is thinking: "Yeah yeah kid, I can see you're barely listening to me with THOSE walking around. Don't listen to the old man, no sir, I got no wisdom to impart, that's for sure... condescending little brat... good luck with that meeting, which I guess I'll also go to if I don't want THE Batman to hand me my ass later." Or something along those lines.

Your double-entendre of the week:
Starfire is very particular about how you treat Dick (note the capital D, Googlers!). The two slowest people alive finally make it to the meeting...
...almost there...
Here, we have THE Batman's preferred method of holding a meeting. He stands in the middle or a circle and speaks towards only a few people, while the rest are at the back trying to hear what the heck he's saying with that low Christian Bale voice. And I bet Dr. Jace isn't a loud talker either.

And of course, Robin's ALREADY THERE! I can see it's gonna take THE Batman a while to understand this new contraption we call the Interweb...

Comments

Jeremy Patrick said…
Hilarious! I never would have thought Batman and the Outsiders could be so much fun . . .
Austin Gorton said…
Wally, how rude of you to suggest you've got your reasons why Black Lightning would quit the hero game.

Hahaha!

Halo's room may be nice, but nothing can upstage a Titan's ANGST.

And seriously, what is with all the 'the Batman' business? Was that how DC was referring to him back then?

I can understand your average DC resident calling him "the" Batman, but it seems like his teammates would drop the "the".

Then again, the Outsiders seem about as scared of him as your average DC resident, so...
Siskoid said…
Well, the comic isn't called THE Batman and the Outsiders...