Batman and the Outsiders #5: Pages 3-5

Terra has failed. She's created this great big island and doesn't manage to catch Geo-Force with it. It's all happening againnnnnn...No, I don't know what she's talking about either. Probably just delirious from shedding oxygen like that. But wait! Has that awakened GF? Yes! Will he save the day? Yes! Oh nooooooooooo!
And then both the Titans and the Outsiders were boiled alive by that much lava hitting the water...

Ah no, they're a long way off from him. Although they seemed to be at about the same depth just moments earlier. Now they're all over the place. And falling fast like there's no resistance in that water.
The good news is: It may cost Geo-Force his life!
Look at those heroes hit that piece of dirt! Sometimes head first! Ouch! And hey, doesn't it look like Terra WOULD have perished here? Or is that a blond girl in the next panel?
I don't know... I think she's dead. Or else the splash page was a total lie. What? It WAS? Who's "we", Mr. Barr? I want my 75¢ back! And hey! Where the heck are we? The island that just sank, sending the heroes into the drink, was in the middle of "polluted Gotham Bay", and now we're in... British Columbia?
"...except Terra." I like how Robin is still not taking crap from Batman. "Do this, Robin!" "Way ahead of you, Batman." "No Robin, you're not. I had my arms straight before you did." "Screw you, Geriatric Man." And so on.

Now for your hilarious necrophiliac joke of the week:
See, she's thinks HE'S dead, but SHE'S actually the reanimated corpse, and HE wants to kiss HER, cuz he doesn't know she's a ZOMBIE! That is EDGY, SON!
[Still no Terra] How dare Batman propose we go to HIS headquarters to wash up? The showers are set to the exact pressure I like at Titans' Tower! This is so unfair! I've got the coolest team! AND the smoothest shaved thighs of anyone here! Yes, including Starfire. She's a rough one. And *I* was gonna give Changeling a talking to! I was totally going to do that! You talk to Halo and I'll talk to Gar! $%&! interfering $%&! Batman...

Sorry everyone. I know the splash page said this feature would only run a couple days, but we'll have to see each other for a couple weeks still.

Comments

Austin Gorton said…
Seriously, they have must have taken super HUGE breaths of air before hitting the air. Everyone is trailing massive streams of bubbles in all those panel.

How dare Batman propose we go to HIS headquarters to wash up?

Oh, the angst! The fist-clenching angst!