Look Kids! Comics!

Blog's on low ebb this week, as you might have surmised. Work stuff getting in the way of my blogging, etc. (You win this time, work!) But that's not stopping me from posting some fun with comic book covers. Here then are covers that I find inappropriate for the children buying them.*

Starting off with violence...Maybe they just shot a helmet. Maybe you're imagining the guy's head.
The Hulk made grandpa commit suicide! Bwahhh!

But violence isn't really the problem, right? Kids get a lot worse from video games and Bugs Bunny. It's the sex that's really distressing.**
Odd how buying this one makes you feel as embarassed as if you picked up a copy of Hustler.

And for the girls, we have good ol' Charlton:
Ah yes, spanking. Way to go. Shitty printing AND catering to S&M fetishists.

Sometimes, it's more insidious than that:
A double-length science fiction thriller: "Breasts of the Solar System!"

And this is totally uncalled for:
Beloved Belgian comic icons Boule & Bill get lapdance for dollars in... STRIPCOCKER! (I want to know what kind of Google hits this word gets.)

And then there's this:
Not inappropriate per se, but it scares the hell out of me.

*Totally kidding. I'm so far for being a prude, I'm naked right now.***
**Like I said.
***I'm really not. My roommates frown on that.

Comments

Sea-of-Green said…
That Strange Adventures cover is a true classic. :-)
FoldedSoup said…
Stripcocker!

(doin' my part!)
Marc Burkhardt said…
Even without the pussies joke, there's something legitimately strange and creepy about the Wonder Woman comic.

That's probably why I like the Golden Age WW so much ... it's strange and deviant.
rob! said…
that GI Combat cover is amazing, brutal...

that Jonah Hex cover is...surprising!
Anonymous said…
Wonder Woman's pussies look so angry... so very angry.

Maybe WW should be tied up... that'll take care of her and her angry pussies.

Actually... The Sniper one... GI Combat... Pretty shocking. Some pour guy got shot in the head. iiissshhhh
Bauble said…
I'm ashamed to say that when I was a 10 or 11 I actually bought that Jonah Hex comic after I saw it on the rack. This is the only Hex comic I ever read. I bought it for the cover...
Siskoid said…
I guess it did the job.

Does Jonah get lucky?