Happy Birthday, Howard Phillips!

H.P. Lovecraft would have celebrated his 117th birthday yesterday!Lovecraft was the creator and master of cosmic horror and will always be remembered as the writer of such tales as The Call of Cthulhu, At the Moutains of Madness and Herbert West - Reanimator, to name only a few. Despite his rather baroque style, he has spawned and inspired an incredible amount of books, films, comics, music, games, radio plays and art.

But did he deserve this?
I sure as heck know he didn't deserve this:
I'm kidding, I love this stuff! Especially this:
Here's to another 117 years! (Erm...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
The trend is very much into ugly plush toys. See this link on Ugly Dolls for proof.

And check out DragonConTV and their skit on Cthulhu’s Clues . Puts a smile on my face every time.
FoldedSoup said…
"Waiter! Waiter! There's a dead squid in my soup!"

"It's not dead, Sir. It's just dreaming."


Goodnight everyone! Tip your waiters!
Colin said…
Never diss the Plush Cthulhu! That was my first ever avatar on OG, I'll have you know...
Siskoid said…
Filthy cultist.

;-)