Friday Night Mismatch!

Bahlactus wants fights, but he never said they had to be fair. So imagine Mowgli vs. Darkseid, and you're not far off from this week's match:

Ka-Zar vs. Thanos!One one side, a Nike-wearing noble savage with a lot of guts, a sabertooth tiger and not much else. On the other, an evil Eternal who's been dating Death itself for a while now, no idea when he'll pop the question.
Ouch! First round goes to Thanos. Change of venue, Ka-Zar runs for an open volcano... and jumps!
If he's hoping Thanos'll jump into molten lava, he's sorely mistaken.
PWNED! But wait, what's this? An adrenalin surge?
Oh my God, it's the upset of the year!!! First Lacey doesn't win So You Think You Can Dance, and now this! well, I've sure learned a hard lesson about not betting my entire life savings on so-called "sure shots".

Comments

Anonymous said…
FIX!
I call FIX!
FoldedSoup said…
Wow. Must've missed that one.

I was thinking - insomuch as Thanos is kinda Darkseid lite, it's weird that he's used so often in these "hero has no chance but still wins" one on ones. I mean, Squirrel Girl?

Is it just that once you cross that first unlikely outcome it becomes much easier to believe the later ones? For some reason, I can picture Thanos in these scenarios. Darkseid ... not so much.

Unless I missed something.. has Darkseid ever fought against, oh.. say Warlord or anyone?
Siskoid said…
Doesn't he get his ass handed to him by the Atom in Rock of Ages?

Practically an A-lister I know (in my book anyway), but still seems like a mismatch on the surface.
Siskoid said…
And of course, there's his Clash of the Titans against Ambush Bug ;).
Anonymous said…
Foldedsoup, I can buy the Squirrel Girl one easier than Ka-zar.
Doreen beats EVERYONE in fights.
Now THERE's a sure bet.