Lady Cop - A Hit!

Devon from Seven Hells would be very proud.

This monday, I tried something a little different at our weekly improv game: Instead of the usual spoken-word themes, I gave each sketch only an image to inspire the players. And in true Siskoid fashion, they were all vintage comic book covers. Stuff from old romance comics, Rex the Wonder Dog parachuting out of a plane, and... Lady Cop!
This cover in fact yielded one of the best improvs of the game, with my good friend Josée playing the title role brilliantly. Come to think of it, she had a great game over all, also playing this chick as a phone sex operator:
And the Black Fury saving kids from an ice patch.
They weren't all successes (I'm looking at YOU, Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #1!), but I wouldn't have spent the evening doing anything else, if only for the sight of a grown woman letting people hang on to her by the ponytail.

Comments